Normally people give chicken yakhni pulao recipe but fewer mutton recipes. If you want to know how to make yakhni pulao, here we give you a delicious Mutton Yakhni Pulao Recipe. A combination of mutton and rice is always great. Let’s start making the recipe in our home kitchen.
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Mutton or chicken, yukhni cut – 1 kg (1/2 kg leg, 250gm chest, 250 gm chops)
- Water – 16 cups
- Green Chilies – 6
- Garlic Cloves – 13
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 kg
- Onion, sliced – 1 large
- White Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Black Cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Cardamoms – 5 small
- Cardamoms – 3 big
- Cinnamon Sticks – 3 pieces
- Star Anise – 1
- Whole Black Pepper – 11
- Cloves – 5
- Yogurt, whisked – 1 cup
- Oil or Ghee – 3/4 cups
- Salt – to taste
- For half an hour, soak rice in water.
- Cook mutton with garlic cloves, little bit salt, green chilies and water till tender and so much so that it left with 2-3 cups of stock in it.
- In a pan heat up the oil and fry onion till light golden brown.
- Add cinnamon sticks, star anise, small cardamoms, big cardamoms, white cumin, black cumin, cloves and black pepper whole.
- Add meat in the pan, without stock. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes and add yogurt. Cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Measure 7-1/2 cups of stock with water and pour in the pan.
- Add soaked rice too, without water.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a high flame. Turn the heat to low flame for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it be placed on the stove for 5 to 6 minutes for DAM.
- Serve the recipe hot with garnishing.