Learn how to make Rava Upma in Dhaba Style in an easy way. The recipe is very easy and is prepared in just 15 minutes. It is an excellent breakfast dish loved by every member of the home. The similar recipes available of the same type are rava upma recipe, suji upma recipe and many more. Here is the procedure for making the amazing Rava upma recipe.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Sooji – 1 cup
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Split & Dehusked Black Gram – 1.5 teaspoon
- Yellow Split Peas – 1.5 teaspoon
- Cashews, chopped – 10 to 12
- Onion, finely chopped – 1.2 cup
- Green Chillies – 4
- Ginger, finely grated – ½ Inch
- Dry Red Chillies, broken – 2
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Lemon – according to taste
- Cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- On medium-high heat take a dry pan.
- Add Sooji/ Rava and dry roast for 2 to 3 minutes.
- On medium to high heat, add ghee in a big pan.
- Add mustard seeds, once the ghee is heated.
- Add urad and chana dal, once mustard seeds start to pop.
- Keep cooking till the dal’s starts to turn brown.
- Add Cashews now and cook till they get golden.
- Add onion green chillies and cook till onions are translucent.
- Add dry red chillies, ginger and chopped curry leaves.
- Cook till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
- Add water, salt and mix well.
- Add ¼th of Sooji/Rava, once the water starts to bubble.
- Mix well.
- Add some more sooji now and mix. Do this till all the sooji is added to the Pan.
- This is done in parts so the sooji can absorb water properly.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower the flame to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for more 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro and lemon juice before serving.