How to make tawa chicken? Here is the best way is given. The recipe is found with many names like chicken tawa fry or masala, tawa chicken Pakistani in Urdu and many another different name with a little change in taste and ingredients used. The thing I like the most about this recipe is that all of the ingredients are readily available. The recipe tastes great with plain rice, chapati, naan, and even puri. Try this delicious recipe today and tell us how was your experience.
Prep Time: 150 Minutes
Ingredients For Chicken Tikka Marinating
- Chicken, tikka cut – 6 pieces
- Tikka Masala – 1/2 packet
- Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon each
- Lemon Juice – 4 tablespoons
- Zarda or Orange Food Color – 1/4 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Charcoal for a smoky flavor – 1-inch piece
Ingredients For Tawa Masala
- Yogurt, beaten – 1 cup
- Iodized Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds, crushed – 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper, crushed – 2 tablespoons
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 medium
- Fresh Coriander, chopped – 4 tablespoons
- Green Chili, chopped – 4 tablespoons
- Lemon Slices, round – 12
- Oil for Cooking – as required
Directions For Chicken
- Make insertions on chicken with the help of a knife.
- Mix together 4 cups of water, half cup Vinegar and 4 tablespoons of iodized salt and make a brine solution. For about 30 minutes, immerse the chicken in this brine solution.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well and pour over chicken to coat the chicken well. If not cooking on a BBQ, give koyle ka Dum. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Heat up a saucepan and add a little oil at a time and cook marinated chicken from both sides. Cook well till light brown in color and half done.
Directions For Tawa Masala
- Whisk together yogurt, iodized salt, crushed black pepper, mustard seeds and a half cup of water in a mixing bowl.
- Add a little oil on a hot tawa and place the half done chicken on it. Spoon some yogurt mixture to cover the chicken and generous sprinkle amount of fresh onions, green chili, coriander and lemon slices on each chicken tikka piece.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side with the lid covered (masala should be a little caramelized). The recipe is ready to serve.
Enjoy with hot chapatis or naan.