Sindhi Biryani recipe is a traditional recipe of Pakistan’s Sindh province and is one of the beloved dishes in Pakistani. This dish is found with many different names like sindhi biryani recipe in Urdu, shan Sindhi biryani, Sindhi biryani masala, etc. The recipe is very easy to make in no time. Here we have given all the steps involved in making this recipe.
Prep Time: 50 Minutes
- Chicken, bony meat – 750gm
- Basmati Rice, soaked for 30 minutes – 750gm
- Yogurt, whipped – 100gm
- Tomatoes, diced – 5 to 6 medium
- Potatoes, peeled & quartered – 2 to 3 medium
- Onions, sliced – 3 medium
- Garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander, fresh and chopped – 1 cup
- Mint Leaves, fresh and chopped – ¼ cup
- Green Chilies, whole – 8 to 10 small
- Lemon, thin sliced – 1
- Oil or Ghee – 1 cup
- Sindhi Biryani Masala – 1 packet/50g
- Food Color – As desired)
- Fry onions in hot oil, until they become golden. Dish out the fried onions, crush and keep aside.
- Using same oil add ginger & garlic paste and fry for a few minutes. Add meat and tomatoes. Cover and cook until tomatoes are soft. Add Sindhi Biryani Masala, green chilies, potatoes, fried onions, yogurt, and ½ cup green coriander, stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 glass of water, cover and cook on low heat until tender and half cup gravy is left. Spread the ½ cup green coriander, sliced lemon, and mint leaves.
- Add 10 to 12 glasses of water, 2 ½ tablespoon salt and boil (use a separate pan for this). Add soaked rice and cook till the rice is done ¾, remove from heat and strain water.
- Set 4 layers of prepared masala and boiled rice one by one. Starts from spiced meat gravy then sprinkle food color. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes on low heat, until rice is done.
- Garnish with salad and raita.