It is so inviting and rich, full of awesome flavors and spicy. This recipe has many names like punjabi chole recipe, easy chole recipe, chole ki recipe, chole chana recipe etc. This is a perfect weekend dish, which I am sharing with you today! Lets see the simple steps involved in making punjabi chole recipe or amritsari chole recipe.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Chickpeas (Chole) Cooked – 2 Cups
- Red Onion, Finely Chopped – 2
- Tomato Puree – ½ Cup
- Channa Masala Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Pomegranate Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – As per taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies, deseeded and slit – As per taste
- Tamarind Paste – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Bay Leaf – 4
- Black Cardamom – 3 to 4
- Cloves – 5 to 6
- Anardana / Pomegranate Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Mango Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar Or Regular Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tablespoon
- Ginger, Julienned – 5 to 6 pieces
- Black Tea Bags Soaked 3 to 4 Minutes in ½ Cup Steaming Hot Water – 2 Bags
- Onion Rings – 5 to 6
- In a medium pan heat oil. Add bay leaves, cloves and black cardamom to the oil.
- Sauté them for few seconds and add red onions and sauté for 5 minutes or till they turn golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chili powder and slitted green chilies.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes, covered.
- Add chana masala powder, anardana, sugar, tamarind paste, dried mango powder and mix well.
- Remove tea bags and add water to the sauce. Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chickpeas, sliced ginger, kasuri methi and mix well. Add some water if needed.
- On medium-low heat cook for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add sliced onions, and mix well. Cover for 5 minutes (removing from heat).
- Amritsari chole recipe is ready to serve.