An everyday pulao gets much more exciting with the refreshing mint taste enhanced by kewra water. Here is a potli pulao made in just 10 minutes. Potli masala or potli ka masala are also very delicious. Try the Potli pulao recipe to make your dinner yummy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Meat – 1/2 kg
- Rice – 4
- Onions – 2
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Green Chilies – 6
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Fresh Mint – 1 bunch
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seed, Black – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed, White – 1 teaspoon
- Kewra Water – 1 teaspoon
- Pulao Masala – 1 packet (50 grams)
- Mixed Pickle – As per requirement
- Soak the rice and meanwhile cook the meat with ginger, pulao masala, garlic cloves, white cumin seed and 4 glasses of water.
- When the meat is tender, drain the stock and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot and fry the onions. Sprinkle in the black cumin seed.
- Add the cooked and drained meat and yogurt, brown well.
- Pour back the stock into the pot and stir in the rice and green chilies.
- Cook covered until the rice is almost tender.
- Mix in fresh mint and steam the rice until done.
- Sprinkle with kewra water and serve hot with a pickle.