Among all the paneer dishes, paneer butter masala is the most popular recipe. This recipe is delicious and easy to make at home. You may also find this dish by names like paneer butter masala recipe in Hindi Dhaba style, paneer butter masala recipes many more. Let see how we have made this recipe so simple for you.
Cook Time: Easy
- Water – ½ cup
- Unsalted/raw cashews – ½ cup
- Ghee or Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Onion Masala, frozen or thawed – 1 ¼ cups
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika or Kashmiri Chili, for color – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Cayenne – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – Pinch
- Block Paneer, cubed – 1 (14 ounce)
- Heavy Cream or Full-Fat (unsweetened) coconut cream – to taste
See Also: Matar Paneer
- Add the cashews and water to a blender. Keep blending until it is smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan add ghee, spices and onion masala (over low heat) and allow it to simmer for a couple minutes. Let the masala melt if you are using frozen masala then simmer.
- Along with the paneer, pour the blended cashews into the saucepan and cook until the paneer is heated through.
- Stir in the cream now.
- The recipe is ready now to serve.