If you want to know how to prepare palak paneer, here is the easiest recipe you’ll find. For this easy palak paneer recipe restaurant style, you don’t need to be an expert. You will find many recipes today like palak paneer and many more prepared in a complicated way. But this recipe is very easy to make at home. So try this easy homemade recipe and let us know how you like it.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Spinach, cleaned – 5 cups
- Green Chillies or Jalapenos – 1 to 2
- Garlic Cloves – 5
- Ginger, one-inch piece – 1
- Cashewnuts – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon Stick, one inch – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom Pods – 2
- Garlic, minced – 1 teaspoon
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 small
- Tomatoes, finely chopped – 3 large
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tablespoons
- Heavy Cream, or Coconut Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Paneer or Tofu, cut into cubes – 200 grams
- Salt – to taste
- In a blender, blend together spinach, ginger, garlic pods and cashew nuts and chillies with 1/2 cup water. Blend till smooth.
- In a pan heat olive oil and add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom pods. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add onions and minced garlic to it. Cook the onions till they are translucent. Add tomatoes, salt, and coriander powder to the pan. Mix well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (cook covered) till the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour in the blended spinach mixture to the pan and mix it again. Bring this mixture to a boil and then let the mixture simmers turning the heat down. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and paneer to the gravy and mix gently not letting paneer to break. The recipe is ready to serve hot with rice or chapatis.