What is Palak Paneer?
Palak Paneer is one of the leading Indian foods, not only popular in India but has gained popularity all over the world. Spinach is used for preparing this mouthwatering healthy dish. No doubt spinach is a popular vegetable, a rich source of protein and iron that is on the other hand very beneficial for health. Therefore, the mixture of spinach and cheese make a lovely food combination that is further known as Palak Paneer recipe in Hindi. Are you ready to cook this healthy food?
Is Palak Paneer Recipe an Indian food?
Indian foods are just second to none when it comes to taste, quality and standard. More importantly, Indian foods are unmatched that cover a variety of vegetables. Majority of the Indians are vegetarians that everyone knows on this planet. The tag of vegetarians make them unique in the world and this is how they are recognized everywhere. Evidently, it is clear that the recipes of Palak Paneer are typical Indian food. Do you have any doubt?
Health Benefits of Palak Paneer Recipe
This special north Indian food is fully enriched in iron and protein that gives awesome taste when eaten with roti or naan. In this way, we come to know about some amazing health benefits of Palak when cooked with paneer and make it paneer palak. The taste of paneer is toothsome that no one forgets once tasted with creamy spinach. The dish is also known as desi Indian food that millions of people cook regularly. How is the easy palak paneer recipe comes to be the richest source of protein when meat is the best protein source available everywhere. As we discussed above, spinach and cheese is a typical Indian food, where more than 71% of the population are vegetarians in India. This is the only reason they look for meat alternatives to get protein. Thankfully, spinach and cheese appear to be the finest protein source that is really delicious. How can you skip this delectable food that is full of nutrients?
Good for Body and Weight Loss
Other than having some high amount of protein, palak paneer recipe has got folate, potassium, calcium and most importantly Vitamin A & K. These are some amazing benefits of Palak Paneer that keep muscle and heart working great in the body. Not only it works great in the body, but it’s an ideal food for those who wish to lose weight fast.
Healthy Indian Food
If you are looking for the recipes that how to cook palak paneer, then you’ll come across so many recipes over the web. Majority of the recipes are available in Indian style, while some are available in other styles that meat lovers follow. It’s a healthy vegetable dish enriched with minerals, vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. The health advantages of palak with paneer make it the high rated dish of Asia. Credit goes to the presence of healthy nutrients in this dish! Many food lovers eat this Indian food just because of its amazing nutritional value.
If we talk about the best palak paneer recipe calories, then we’ll come to know about some genuine benefits of this wonderful recipe that not only Indians taste, but people from different parts of the world taste it. They know the value and importance of magnesium, potassium, calcium, and Vitamins present in this dish. These are the best nutrients that the human body need at utmost priority. Moreover, the spinach is also the best weight loss food that loses weight in couples of days. If you are making a weight loss diet plan, then you should consider this recipe in your food plan.
It’s a great food for your tummy fat that not only reduces your body fat but also maintains the blood pressure and keeps it normal. Moreover, this special Indian food improves your digestion food and simply ideal for pregnant women. Following are the tips and recipe to cook palak paneer.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Spinach, cleaned – 5 cups
- Green Chillies or Jalapenos – 1 to 2
- Garlic Cloves – 5
- Ginger, one-inch piece – 1
- Cashewnuts – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon Stick, one inch – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom Pods – 2
- Garlic, minced – 1 teaspoon
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 small
- Tomatoes, finely chopped – 3 large
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tablespoons
- Heavy Cream, or Coconut Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Paneer or Tofu, cut into cubes – 200 grams
- Salt – to taste
- In a blender, blend together spinach, ginger, garlic pods and cashew nuts and chilies with 1/2 cup water. Blend till smooth.
- In a pan heat olive oil and add bay leaf, cinnamon, and cardamom pods. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add onions and minced garlic to it. Cook the onions till they are translucent. Add tomatoes, salt, and coriander powder to the pan. Mix well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (cook covered) till the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour in the blended spinach mixture to the pan and mix it again. Bring this mixture to a boil and then let the mixture simmers turning the heat down. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and paneer to the gravy and mix gently not letting paneer to break. The recipe is ready to serve hot with rice or chapatis.