Many people search for beef, mutton and chicken nihari recipe. This recipe is also known as sabri nihari, delhi nihari and Pakistani nalli nihari recipe. But how to make nihari at home in the best way? Here we are going to give you simple way of making nihari at home. Just follow our given steps.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Oil – Half cup
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Beef Shank, Mutton Shank or Chicken, boneless – 1 kg (large pieces)
- Marrow Bone / Knuckles – 2 to 3 each
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon each
- Chili Powder – 1.5 tablespoons
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds, powder – 2 tablespoons
- Delhi Nihari Masala – 3 tablespoons
- Iodized Salt – to taste
- Atta – 8 to 10 tablespoons
- Green Chili – For garnish
- Fresh Coriander – For garnish
- Ginger, finely julienne – For garnish
- Lemon Wedges – For garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook onions at a low heat till light brown.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the meat along with marrow bone, fennel seeds powder, Delhi Nihari Masala, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Chili
Powder and Garam Masala,. Cook with little water and do bhunai for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add about 8 to 10 cups of water to this and put it on simmer with the lid on for 2 to 3 hours.
- You should have enough liquid left to make gravy once the meat is tender (about 4 to 5 cups). Take out the bones at this stage. Take the marrow out of bone, skim out the roghan and reserve it for serving.
- Stir atta with 1½ – 2 cups of water and pour while stirring little at a time till desired consistency is achieved. Bring to a full boil, turn the heat low and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add back the roghan and bone marrow.
- The recipe is ready to serve with the mentioned garnishes.