Mutton kunna recipe is also known as kunna gosht recipe is very popular in Asian counties and loved by whole family, especially young generation. The recipe is very easy to make and only takes 10 minutes for preparation. This kunna recipe with masala doesn’t need any expert for preparation. Just follow the steps given here.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Oil – half cup
- Mutton Shank, Chops – 1 kg (50-60 gram each piece)
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Ginger Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Chili Powder – 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- Iodized Salt – to taste
- Whole-Wheat Flour – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Cumin Seeds, roasted – 1 tablespoon
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan and cook the meat for a few minutes on high heat till it changes colour.
- Turn the heat to medium and add onion, Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Coriander Powder and Iodized Salt. Do bhunai, using a splash of water, until the oil separates (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Add 6 to 7 cups of water and put it on a simmer with the lid covered. It may take approximately 1.5 -2 hours, depending on the size and quality of meat.
- When the meat is tender there should be enough liquid left to make gravy. Skim out the roghan and reserve for the time of serving, at this point.
- Whisk with 1 cup of water. Pour little at a time and keep stirring until desired thickness is achieved. Bring to a full boil. The gravy should not be too thick. Cook for another 10 minutes turning the heat to low.
- Turn the heat off. Crush Cumin Seeds between your palms and add to the kunna.
- The recipe is ready to serve hot.