If you want to know how to make akni at home, here is chicken or mutton akni recipe (akni masala) for you that can easily be made at home kitchen. This Pakistani akni recipe is very popular in Pakistan and is served to guest as a dinner. For this easy chicken or mutton akni recipe, you don’t need to be expert and can easily make it at home. Let’s start our recipe today by simply following these given steps.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Basmati Rice – 500 gm
- Oil – 1 cup
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Mutton – 500 gm
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Salan Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Yakni Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Fresh Tomato, chopped – 2
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Beaten Yogurt – 1 Cup
- Potato, quartered – 2 each
- Iodized Salt – As required
- Water – Enough to cook rice
- For 15 minutes soak basmati rice in water.
- In a big pan heat the oil and cook onion in it, till turns golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan cook the meat till it turns brown.
Add tomato, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, potato, salan masala, yakni masala, and green chili paste. Do bhuna for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add some water and bring it to boil (on a full boil). Check for seasoning if required and add iodized salt as per your taste.
- In the boiling water add rice and cook on high temperature (lid on) till rice almost gets soft and water dries out.
- Sprinkle the fried onion and put it on a dum.
- Garnish as per your taste and requirement.
- The recipe is ready to serve hot with raita.