Matar Paneer is an Indian dish which is often made in North Indian homes. The recipes are popular as a dinner menu or even for lunch. If you want to know how to make Matar paneer here is the most simple way of making it. This recipe is found with many names like matar paneer recipe in hindi, matar paneer masala restaurant style, and many more other names.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Paneer, cubed & deep fried to a light brown – 2 Cups
- Green peas, shelled – 2 Cups
- Green chilies, slit a little – 3 to 4
- Onion, chopped – 2 Cups
- Garlic Cloves, ground with onions, peeled – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato, grated – 1/2 Cup
- Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoon
- 2 Bay Leaves – 2
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Red pepper, powdered – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds, powdered – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves, chopped – 1 tablespoon (for garnish)
See Also: Palak Paneer Recipe
- Blend the garlic, ginger, and onions to a paste.
- Heat oil and add the bay leaves and the cumin seeds.
- Add onion paste and saute till oil separates and brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric, red pepper, garam masala, and the coriander powder and stir fry again till the oil separates.
- Add the paneer, peas and the green chilies and saute over high heat till glossy.
- Add two cups water and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnished with the coriander leaves and serve hot. Omit the chilies if desired.