Today we are going to make Karachi biryani recipe (white biryani karachi) prepared in just 10 minutes. The recipe is very popular in Asian countries and loved by the young generation. Just follow our given steps and make delicious Karachi biryani recipe at your home today.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients For Chicken Masala
- Chicken Pieces – 1 kg
- Potato quartered – 1
- Oil – 1 cup
- Masalaydar Bombay Biryani – 1 packet
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Zarda or Orange Food Color – Quarter teaspoon
- Tomato, sliced – 1
- Green Chili, chopped – 6 to 8
- Fresh Coriander – 4 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon, sliced – 2
- Dried Plum – 5 to 6
- Cooked Sayla Rice – as explained
Ingredients For Sayla Rice
- Sayla Rice – 3 cups
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Iodized Salt – 3 tablespoons
- Water – 3 litres
- Fresh Coriander – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Mint – 1 teaspoon
Directions For Cooking Rice
- Soak Sayla Rice for at least three hours (Changing the water at every hour).
- Take approximately 3 litres of water in a large pot. Add Cumin Seeds, fresh coriander, Iodized Salt and fresh mint leaves.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the soaked rice and boil till it reaches teenkanni.
- Strain and use it immediately for the biryani.
Directions For Biryani
- Put the chicken, potato, Masalaydar Biryani Masala, oil (save 2 tablespoons) and 1/2 cup of water in a large pan. Turn up the heat to medium-high and cook with the lid covered for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and look that no liquid is left by this time.
- Whisk the yoghurt and food colour together in a mixing bowl and pour over the cooked chicken.
- Place sliced tomato, fresh mint, lemon slices, green chillies, fresh coriander and dried plums on top of the chicken and yoghurt layer.
- Top the chicken with the Sayla Rice. Cover with a lid and place a tawa underneath the pan. For 10 minutes cook on high flame.
- Turn the heat low; drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of water on the top of the rice layer.
- Tightly cover with a lid leaving no gaps.
- Serve hot with yoghurt raita.