If you want to know how to make haleem. Here is delicious and special Hyderabadi Haleem recipe is a savourful chicken recipe. A melange of ingredients like cracked wheat, cashew nuts, urad dal, curd, ghee is an ideal main dish for family and weekend dinners. Let’s see how to make chicken, mutton or beef haleem as you want, Let’s see how to prepare Hyderabadi chicken haleem recipe.
Total Time: 1 hour 10 Minutes
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Chicken or mutton or beef- 1 kg
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Yoghurt (curd) – 2 cup
- Cashews – 1/2 cup
- Peppercorns – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Mint – 1/2 cup
- Crushed Whole Wheat – 3 cup
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Chana dal – 1 cup
- Powdered Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 6
- Lemon Wedges, for garnishing – 2
- Wash and soak the cracked wheat for half an hour. Trim the chicken of any excess fat.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, red chili powder, half a tsp of garam masala powder, half a tsp of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to the chicken. Pressure cook the mix for 8 to 10 minutes and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Shred and keep aside.
- Along with urad and chana dal, boil the cracked wheat with a tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, 2-3 green chilies, turmeric and peppercorns in 8 to 10 cups of water until it is cooked completely and the water is absorbed. Blend this mixture.
- In another container, heat the oil and add whole spices, cooked and shredded lamb, half a cup of fresh coriander, remaining green chilies and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add curd and saute for another 10 to 15 minutes. Add three cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the blended wheat and mix well to this, while adding a little ghee. Let it simmer and cook slowly for at least half an hour.
- Garnished with fried onions, cashew nuts, lemon wedges, fresh coriander and serve hot.
Follow the above Hyderabadi haleem recipe to make you lunch or dinner amazing. This haleem recipe is can also make in Pakistani style recipe, or Hindi and Pakistani version will be available soon for haleem recipe.