How to make gulab jamun? Here we have given you the recipe in simple ways that can be prepared at home in no time. The recipe is available with many names and a little change in ingredients like gulab jamun, gulab jamun recipe in Hindi with milk powder and many other names. Let’s Prepare the recipe below.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powdered – 3
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Ingredients For Gulab Jamun
- Milk Powder – 9 tablespoon
- Maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour – 3½ tablespoon
- Rava or Sooji – 1 tablespoon
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Milk, warm – 4 to 5 tablespoon
See Also: Zarda Recipe
Directions for Sugar Syrup Recipe
- Take 1 cup of sugar in a wide pan and add 1 cup of water and get to a boil.
- Simmer for 4 minutes till the sugar syrup turns slightly sticky.
- Add cardamom powder to it.
- To stop the crystallization process, add lemon juice.
- Cover and keep aside.
Directions For Gulab Jamun Recipe
- Take milk powder in a large mixing bowl and add maida + rava.
- Add a pinch of baking soda to it. Add ghee, lemon juice and crumble well.
- Add milk slowly little by little and knead well.
- Knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Greasing ghee to hands, make small balls.
- There should be no cracks on balls; else gulab jamun will break while frying.
- On low flame, heat the ghee and fry the jamuns, when the ghee is moderately hot.
- Fry the balls on low flame stirring in between.
- Fry the balls till they turn into golden brown color.
- Drop the hot jamuns into hot sugar syrup immediately.
- Let it rest for 2 hours with the lid on. (Turn off the flame).
- The jamuns will become doubled in size and are ready to serve.