For all rice lovers here is easy chicken tikka biryani recipe. The recipe is different from other biryani as we use chicken tikka in this recipe. This biryani is also for the tikka lovers. To know how to make chicken tikka biryani recipe at home, just follow our simple step given.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka
- Chicken, Tikka Cut – 4 pieces
- Yogurt – 4 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon each
- Raw Papaya paste – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken Tikka Masala – 1/2 packet
- Chinese Chili Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Zarda / Orange Food Color – 1/4 teaspoon
- Charcoal – 1 inch piece, for dum
- Oil – 5 tablespoons
Ingredients for Biryani Masala
- Basmati Rice – 3 cups
- Oil – 1 cup
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon each
- Quorma Masala – 1/2 packet
- Crushed Chili – 1 tablespoon
- Iodized Salt – to taste
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Green Chili – 3-4
- Fresh Coriander, chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint, leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon, sliced – 4 to 5 medium
- Zarda / Orange Food Color – 1/8 teaspoon
Directions for Chicken Tikka Marination
- Make cuts in chicken tikka pieces using a knife.
- Except the last two ingredients combine all the ingredients in a bowl and rub it thoroughly onto the chicken pieces. Cover the chicken with remaining marinade. Give it a koyle-ka-dum and allow it to marinate. Refrigerate at least for 1 hour.
- On a high heat cook marinated chicken tikka in hot oil just to get a little colour.
- Add half a cup of water and cook for 15 minutes with the lid covered. To ensure even cooking on both sides, flip after a few minutes. Cook until the meat is tender. Keep aside.
Directions for Biryani Masala
- Wash & soak Basmati Rice for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the onions till they are golden in colour.
- Add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Quorma Masala, crushed chilli, Iodized Salt and yogurt and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Bring 3 litres of water to a rapid boil in a large pan and add 3 tbsp Iodized Salt and 2 to 3 lemons (sliced). Add the drained rice and boil till they reaches do kanni stage and strain.
- With the cooked chicken tikkas start layering the masala and sprinkle green chilli, fresh mint leaves, fresh coriander and lemon slices. Finally, top with the rice and sprinkle a pinch of orange food colour. Leave for dum.
- Mix gently. The recipe is ready to serve hot!