Karahi is made in many ways but have you ever heard of koyla karahi ? Koyla karahi recipe in urdu and many other such karahi recipes are not so popular but they taste great. Today we are going to make one of this recipe. Try our recipe today and let us know about your experience.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Oil – 1 cup
- Chicken or mutton, karahi cuts – 1 kg
- Ginger, crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato – 500gms
- Crushed chilli – 1 tablespoon
- Karhai Ghost Masala – 2 tablespoons
- Iodized Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Whole green chilli – 2-4
- Ginger Julian – 1 tablespoon, for garnish
- Charcoal – a small piece
- Fresh Coriander – for garnish
- Heat up the wok and add oil. Add chicken in the oil.
- Do bhunai until colour changes to little light brown.
- To this add crushed ginger, crushed garlic, crushed chilli, karahi ghost masala, tomato puree and salt.
- Add water and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat, with the lid on.
- For 5 minutes do bhunai, until very little moisture is left and oil is separate.
- Sprinkle green chilli and ginger. Place the hot burning charcoal using a little piece of bread as a bed on top of meat.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil to get the smoke. Turn the heat low and put the lid on.
- For 5 minutes put it on a dum.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and more ginger.
- This recipe is ready to serve hot with naan.