If you want to know how to make butter chicken in Dhaba Style, here we have provided the best way of making this recipe. There are many recipes of such kind like Indian butter chicken recipe, keto butter chicken recipe, butter chicken recipe in punjabi, chicken butter masala recipe and many other recipes. It is also the most famous chicken dish in Pakistan and India.
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Green Cardamom – 10
- Mace – 2 Flowers
- Garlic – 2 tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 8
Ingredients For Marinating
- Boneless Chicken Cubes – 400 gm
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- For Gravy Part 2:
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 8
- Ginger, julienned – 2 inch
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Heavy Cream – ½ cup
- Honey – 3 teaspoon
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves – 2 teaspoon
- Oil to Pan Fry Chicken
Directions For Marinate Chicken
- Take washed boneless chicken cubes in a bowl.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and roasted cumin powder and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
Directions For Pan Fry
- Take some oil in a shallow pan on medium flame.
- Add chicken pieces one by one, once the oil is hot.
- Fry on both sides till well done. Cut a piece of chicken to make sure it is cooked thoroughly.
Directions For For Gravy
- Add butter, green cardamom, mace, oil, bay leaf and garlic in a large pan on medium to high heat. Keep stirring so the butter doesn’t turn brown.
- Cook till garlic is starting to cook.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft and cooked. To speed up the cooking of tomatoes, you may also add a bit of salt.
- Turn the flame off and let the mix cool.
- Now transfer this in a grander. Make it in a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take some more butter, green chillies, ginger in the same pan and cook till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
- Strain the Grinded paste in a fine mesh strainer. Take a spoon and move it in a circular pattern in the strainer to push the paste through. Discard the tomato skin left in the strainer.
- Add salt, garam masala, Kashmiri red chilli powder to the gravy and mix well.
- Add honey, cream and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. If the gravy is too thick you can add a little water to this.
- Add the pan fried chicken pieces and kasoori methi to the gravy. Mix well.
- On Medium flame cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.