Rasgulla is a traditional Bengali sweet, which are soft and spongy balls made of fresh paneer and dipped in sugar syrup. How to make rasgulla? Here is rasgulla recipe which is prepared in no time. The recipe is known as many name like white rasgulla recipe in Hindi and many more other names. For making the recipe we need only few ingredients. The recipe is served as a sweet dish and very popular in Asian countries. Let’s try the rasgulla recipe today.
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Low Fat Milk (Refrigerated overnight, boiled) – 2 Litre
- Lemon Juice (mixed in 1/4 cup water) – 1/4 Cup
- Refined flour – 1 teaspoon
- Thin Sugar Syrup (flavored with cardamom or rosewater) – 4 Cups
See Also: Gulab Jamun Recipe
- Whatever cream that is formed over the milk, remove it.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat once boiled. Add the lemon mixture gradually, till milk curdles.
- It is not important to use a whole solution.
- Shut off the heat. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Drain off water. Leave the paneer in a colander for at least 4 hours.
- Mash paneer very smooth.
- Add the flour and mash again.
- Boil 4 to 6 cups of water and in the mean time shape the paneer into balls (smooth ones, no cracks).
- Into the boiling water, transfer the balls and cover with a tight fitting cover. Let cook till puffed up. It normally takes about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool and squeeze out of the water
- Transfer to syrup, chill and serve.
Follow us to get more dessert recipes here.