If you are wondering how to make aloo matar, stop your searches because here is the recipe. The recipe has many names like aloo matar ki sabji, aloo matar recipe in Hindi, aloo matar dry in dhaba style and many more. This delightful dish with potatoes and peas in a tomato is very popular in Asian counties and is normally serves as a lunch with chapati. It is pretty easy to make aloo matar recipe. Let’s see how it’s done.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Potatoes, boiled and cubed – 2 cups
- Shelled Green Peas – 2 cups
- Green Chillies, slit a little – 3 to 4
- Chopped onions, ground with Garlic & Ginger – 250 gm
- Garlic, peeled cloves – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato – 125 gm
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Pepper, powdered – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds, powdered – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 1 tablespoon (for garnish)
- Add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves in hot oil.
- Add the onion paste when the seeds begin to splutter and saute till oil separates.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric, salt, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till oil separates.
- Add the potatoes, peas and the green chilies. Over high heat saute till the vegetables look glossy.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once boiled, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot.